Friday, June 26, 2009

Ooooh, that smell!

Last night when I got home from work, I went to check on the girls. I always do, make sure they're up and about, see what they're doing, see what color pollen baskets they've got on for the day :). Well, last night I was still a good five feet from the hive when the smell stopped me short. It was a VERY GOOD SMELL, the smell of fresh honey!! I was very surprised to smell it so strongly though. On Beesource.com, people say it's an indication of a good honey flow. They say to listen for the "roar" of the bees curing the honey at night. Could it be? One week of rain and now a good honey flow? At any rate, it took every fiber of my being not to crawl in there and sample. Goodness, it smelled exquisite. I wish you could post smells on the web, I'd love to share it.

I was going to wait to check them until next week, but now I'm wondering if I should just lift off that inner cover and make sure they've got enough room to grow. I am itching for that first super to crown my deeps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment